Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love Imagery


Today was the Sunday that we were spoken to by a returned missionary and the High Councilman. The topic was Repentance. The missionary made an analogy of a carwash. Maybe I loved it because it was one I hadn't heard before. Or maybe, I love it because the drive-thru carwash at Hart's in American Fork is a favorite place for my boys.
So, it's pretty self-explanatory, but we get muddy by doing things we shouldn't. We go through the carwash and VOILA! we're clean again! But, really, we wouldn't come out as clean if it weren't for those guys that do the pre-scrub before we go through. Liken that to the steps we make before repentance. That leads to something else that I think I knew already, but was a good reminder. If you don't repent with the right attitude, humility and steps, you're just "quitting doing" something. It's good to quit, but better to repent. OK. Sunday Sermon is over. Now, go wash your cars! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

But mot today...it's Sunday

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Um. Did I know you have a blog? I probably did. You probably told me more then once. I think I owe you a phone call too. What a yucky friend I am!!!!! I'll make it up to you some day - soon!